Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Mountains



Have you ever created something, only to find yourself trying to explain it afterward? For me, my best ideas come when I am most relaxed and usually result from boredom but seldom end there. When you let your doodles and scribbles spark your imagination, and search for realistic ways to explain them, the result is often unique and personal. That's what I like most about the things i make, they comfort and excite me by reflecting back the things I've learned, the people I've met and places I've seen. Last week, a folded piece of paper and a pencil were my available tools, and this week my camera and photoshop helped to view my sketch in a different way. Who knows what will finally satisfy your idea, so be open to new techniques and explore possibilities, even what seems impossible.

The Craft Center can help!

-Philip
SACC Clerk

P.S. I wish i could move like this cool cat

1 comment:

Benito Tyjeski said...

Wow Philip! This immediately makes me think of the topographical maps of maya sites (or anything in that case). When I was like 10 or 11 I tried to redraw the maps of the sites but never went anywhere creative with that interest. I feel like what you made may be a direction for me to revisit manipulating those topographical maps. ¡Calidad! lol