Monday, October 20, 2008

Meet Andrea 'Andie' Hunley!

[photo]
27 years old
Ceramics Major, Senior(ish)
Ceramics Area Manager & Kelley in training @ the SACC

Favorites:
Bands: I love, love, love music...some favs: Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon, Rolling Stones, Sufjan Stevens...mucho mas!
Food: Sushi from Izumi's
Hang-out spot: Comet
Class/teacher: hmmm...many
Favorite medium: Clay

What do you do in your spare time? If I go out: dance, go to concerts, art shows, meet w/friends. If I stay in: watch films, make things, make things while watching films...
Why are you a Ceramics major? Ceramics satisfies my infinite nature on all levels.
Useful tips: Practice, practice, practice. Ceramics are a fine mix of engineer, mad scientist, and mud-pie loving kid...it's in the blood. Ceramics takes a lot of work...some people just make it look easy.
Best tool: My hands...and my brain.

The plan once you graduate? Grad. school
What do you like the SACC? I really appreciate Kaarin's my little ponies dappled around the studio...seriously. Okay, I also love that the SACC is ALIVE! It is truly a creative space w/awesome employee!
Why do you work at the SACC? R u kidding?!? Great people, great space, great fun! It is great to be part of an artist's community with so many people exploring different processes.

Ceramics Resources:
Ceramic Arts Dailly
Sculptural Ceramics Artists Links

No comments: