Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Meet Kaarin Swan!


24 years old
Art Education & Art History major @ UWM (I'm going on the better part of a decade)
Operations Manager @ the SACC

Favorites:
Band: The Who
Song: "Under Pressure" by Bowie
Food: Cheerios
Restaurant: Botanas
Hang-out spot: My couch
Class/teacher: Jewelry classes w/Frankie Flood & Jen Harris--they are amazing!
Favorite medium: Everything!

What do you do in your spare time? I watch 90210 and stare at Luke Perry.
Why are you an Art Ed. major? So that I can teach awesome kids about art!
Useful tips: Don't sketch. Plan in 3D!
Useful tool: The laser cutter in the architecture building on campus.
The plan once you graduate? Find a job & get a super cute puppy.
What do you like the SACC? It is always there for me!
Why do you work at the SACC? Because I love art & making it!

Words of wisdom: Don't listen to people who tell you that you can't make pretty art...they are liars!

Check out Kaarin's flickr site for some of her photography work and photos of other work!

No comments: