Wednesday, April 13, 2011

:: April Artists of the Month ::

Here's another round of awesome student artists showing their work here at the SACC.

Katie Broenen is a Photography/Graphic Design Major at the Peck School of the Arts. Broenen speaks about of her work saying, "My favorite project I've done thus far is entitled, "Where She's Been." It constitutes where I've been and within the last year, some places are of importance, some are just daily acquaintances, using my favorite pair of shoes to suggest my place within the environment. As I travel, I have been continuing this project; as of right now, I don't see an end. The presence of the shoes hints at my personality while my absent body allows the viewers to enter the space as if it were them."




Ruby Jaeger is a junior in the jewelry and metalsmithing department at UWM. Her body of work includes investigations of nature, language, and gender identity. She is the current recipient of the Logan Travel Scholarship, and will be traveling to Ireland, England and Scotland to further research on ancient metalsmithing techniques and practices.


Come check out this great work before the month is over!


No comments: