Friday, February 12, 2010

Metals!

Hi everybody,

My name is Emily, and I'm the Jewelry & Metalsmithing Lead Assistant here at the Studio Arts and Craft Centre. I would just like to take this opportunity to update all of you on the metals happenings at the SACC and UWM in general.

First of all, there are only two spots left in the Introduction to Jewelry and Metals class that I am teaching this semester. So if you are interested, you'd better hurry and sign up! The other jewelry classes here such as Copper Enameling, Easy Etching, Bronze Casting, and Resin Jewelry and Magnets all have plenty of room, but I'm sure they'll fill up quickly as well.

I would also like to mention one of the visual art guest lecturers who will be visiting UWM this semester for the Artists Now! Lecture series. Lisa Gralnick will be lecturing on her current project, The Gold Standard, in which she explores the societal values placed on precious material. Gralnick's lecture is scheduled for March 31st at 7:00 in the Arts Center Lecture Hall, 2400 E. Kenwood Blvd. This is definitely something to be excited about if you are interested in jewelry and metalsmithing!

No comments: